Wednesday 15 February 2023

It's a short one

Partly because I am coping with a bad flare up of a chronic health condition and partly because I have exhausted my admin spoons for today already by gathering, collating and sending out info regarding a Charles Rennie Mackintosh weekend in Glasgow that I am coordinating for a group of friends in May. Also I am rather depressed about the First Minister's somewhat unexpected resignation this morning. That said I really need to get back into the habit of blogging so on the grounds that a short post is better than no post at all - 


-  this is a slightly out of focus photograph of my first ever Pastel de Nata, the Portuguese custard tart. The hotel included them in the breakfast buffet every day with the result that, although this was my first, it was far from being my last. 

There may well be pictures or mentions of more cake over the coming days. You can say what you like about French patisserie, but I defy anyone to do a better all round job of making cake than the Portuguese. 

1 comment:

  1. she's had enough, and who can blame her. Staying in politics, but not as First Minister.

    ReplyDelete