Monday 4 July 2022

Baking Subscription June

 


Lime and Coconut Bars, although obviously the photograph was taken before it was cut up. This is delicious. The OH isn't keen on the biscuit base which has desiccated coconut in it, but I think it's fine, and the lime topping is lovely. I made this yesterday and the favour as developed and so it was even nicer today.

I note that the finishing off was very simple; just dust the top with icing sugar. Which suited me, not being, as regular readers will know, a fan of overly  faffy finishes. 

And no I haven't done May's yet. I'm keeping that for August when my sister's coming to visit and we can make it to celebrate my birthday.

In other, less pleasing, news I recently tested positive for Covid. The timing is not brilliant, but apart from a very irritating cough and feeling like I had the flu for most of last night, I'm OK really. Lucky to have avoided it this long I think and presumably picked up in Prague. 

We had plans for later in the week which had to be cancelled/rejigged, and some for the weekend which may also have to be cancelled but we'll see. I think I probably had the virus several days before I tested myself, so I may be clear and testing negative again quite soon. Fingers crossed. 

1 comment: