Friday 17 June 2022

I Know - AWOL

That's  because I've been busy doing nothing very blogworthy. Manly knitting a t-shirt shaped top which I was desperate to get finished for my trip to Prague. Since a lot of it was just boring in the round stocking stitch it was a case of 'just keep grinding it out' and the non-boring features had my heart in my mouth a lot of the time. More on that later, but it wasn't blogworthy as a process.

Meanwhile this week I've been feeling like Eva Peron in that song Rainbow High, as I've been getting titivated for Prague. I now look a hundred times more presentable than I did on Monday. I've had my hair cut and coloured, my nails done and today I had an eyelash tint. I haven't had that last one done for years as it tends just to be a pre-holiday thing and I suddenly wondered when I turned up today if the girl would say she didn't want to do it because of my not so lovely and very near the eye scar, but she said it was fine. 

I was very excited about the nails as they are specially themed for Prague, which is the where the 3rd World Congress of Scottish Literature is being held next week. Voila



Appropriate and fun I thought. I haven't put these up on Facebook yet as some FB friends will be in Prague and I want to surprise them.
I am massively massively stressed about the trip, despite now being able to see properly and going somewhere I have long wanted to visit. I think after the lockdowns just going anywhere is a bit overwhelming and not quite the joy it was. But I daresay I'l get used to it again and I'm sure Prague itself will more than live up to my expectations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment