Friday 25 May 2018

Baking Subscription May


The lurgy is at long last losing the struggle thank goodness, and yesterday I even summoned up the energy to do this month's baking subscription.

It was carrot cake cookies. 

You will see from the picture that I am rubbish at icing using a piping bag. To be fair it was my first ever try. It wasn't so much icing either as cream cheese frosting. The OH and I agreed that it didn't actually bring much to the party. There seems to be a fashion for icing stuff these days that a previous generation would happily have eaten 'plain;.

These were OK. They're too big and I don't think I would bother with them again as it is far too much faff to grate the carrot (even when your OH does it in the food processor for you) which you then never actually see or taste.  Which is roughly how I feel about carrot cake itself really. On the upside I never bake cookies or biscuits off my own bat, so it's nice to be made to try now and again. 

Today my returning energy levels meant I tidied the living room. Just as satisfying in its own way. 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you’re getting better 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen.

      Delete
  2. Love the recovery - I share your 'not bother' with carrot in sweet things, and my aversion to carrot cake began when I read a recipe using vegetable oil. The very thought puts me off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made muffins with vegetable oil once. never again ...

    ReplyDelete