Saturday 26 May 2018

A Lovely Surprise

Since I am on the road to recovery, and since the OH is showing signs of becoming wheezy and developing a sore throat, I thought it behoved me to go with him when he went to the supermarket this morning. 

When we got back I found these in the sunroom



from a bunch of virtual friends, hoping that I get better soon. 

They are gorgeous and include three lilac carnations, something I've never even seen before. And although I know lilies aren't to everyone's taste, I love 'em. 

It quite cheered up my day. I intend to spend the rest of it sitting in front of the fire (Orkney is horribly grey and foggy today) listening to my latest Audible download and knitting a hat for the OH from the other skein of Jo Thomson hand dyed Shetland wool. That sounds like a plan. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely surprise! I think lilies are gorgeous 😄😄😄 (I expect you know, but watch the cats with the lilies - the pollen is poisonous to them.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a lily lover, but what a super present to come home to!

    ReplyDelete