Monday 29 May 2017

I Quite LIke This


I am in general rubbish at the game of objets trouvees. Almost as rubbish at that as I am at flower arranging, and that's saying something. Other people can go out, wander along beaches or through woodland, pick up an unconsidered trifle or two and simply by placing them artistically on a shelf turn them into beautiful pieces of indoor décor. 

Me, not so much.

Which is why I'm so pleased with the above. I bought the little bottles with the 'sea glass' stones in them for the bathroom at Orkney Soap but when I got them home they didn't show up very well. I thought perhaps I should try and find some faux driftwood on sale somewhere because that was what they'd been displayed on in the shop.

I mentioned this to the OH on Saturday when we were walking on the beach at Brora (as you do ) and he said what about a piece of rock? We could give that a go. So we had a very short cast about and came up with two bits of rock we thought might do. 

And as you see, they do. 

1 comment: