Thursday 2 March 2017

Swimsuits - How Much do they Stretch?

And I will tell you for why I am asking. I am not thin. and even when I was thin, a long time ago now, I was still what they used to describe as well endowed.
 
So a few years ago I invested, and believe me I use the word advisedly, in a swimsuit from Bravissimo. One of the ones with built in support at the top. I did this not because I intended to take up swimming locally but because we were going on holiday somewhere warm and I thought it would come in useful. That swimsuit subsequently had holidays in Australia, New Zealand, and Spain, cruised round The Baltic and enjoyed several long weekends away in various parts of Britain, without ever getting wet. Or indeed being taken out of the suitcase.
 
Now  obviously it is getting well used just at the minute. But there's a problem and it is this. I have never known a swimsuit that was so difficult to get into. Not because it doesn't fit, it does. But those support bits are very mobile. Give them half a chance and they flip from the inside to the outside, which, when you are trying to get changed in the narrow confines of a swimming pool changing room is quite confusing. The thing itself tries to turn itself completely inside out every time  time it gets a whiff of chlorine. The bits where your arms go through masquerade as the places for legs. And I can't use the back fastening at all because it is so difficult to reach and fiddly to do up.
 
Now I do have alternative swimsuits, without the support-y bits, and I find I am not after all too bothered about the thought of swimming without being trussed up like I have a bra on under my costume. These others, and I am amazed to report that I have no fewer than three,  are all two sizes too small. But because swimsuits stretch I'm wondering if they're wearable. Wondering but without, you know, actually doing anything useful like trying them on.

I must get round to that. Sometime.

2 comments:

  1. I have never, ever found a swimsuit that was comfortable *and* allowed me to swim without revealing more than I wanted it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world is most grateful that I no longer attempt to swim. Swimming pools can now remain filled with water without threat from a human whale :-D

    ReplyDelete