Saturday 4 March 2017

Project 60 No 45 - Eyebrow dyeing

This one sort of snuck up on me. It was only when I was saying for about the third time 'I've never had it done before' that I realised  it was therefore obviously Project 60 fodder.
 
And no, I didn't do it myself, I had it done at a local salon where I also had my eyelashes dyed. I am not a complete stranger to the eyelash tint, but I'd never even thought about dyeing my eyebrows. Partly because it didn't occur to me that they go grey, partly because I always think that mine are well hidden behind my glasses.
 
and let  us duly  ignore the fact that it is years since spectacle frames large enough to hide eyebrows have been available ....
 
Anyway a wee while back someone mentioned to me in a sort of 'tactful voice' that my eyebrows were 'very fair' these days, and it didn't take the intellectual capability of anything more complicated than an earthworm to realise that what she meant was that they were going grey, especially when she added that you can get them 'coloured as well as shaped these days'.
 
So as I was going to get my lashes done yesterday, preparatory to a two week trip away doing all sorts of stuff, some of it exciting enough to be covered here in due course, and some of it not, unless I get particularly narked yet again by the staff in the National Library, I added the brows to the list.
 
What can I say? They're now brown rather than fair to grey. Will I bother again? Who knows?
 
Straight afterwards I went to get my hair done which is something else that normally only gets seen to  when I go away, which is bad news for it this year, with our determination to cut down on off-island trips.
 
Anyway the hair turned out fine, but I still had a nasty experience while I was at the hairdressers. It is the only place where I ever see celebrity magazines such as Heat and Ok and Hello and one of the ones that I was given yesterday to peruse while my hair colour 'took' carried a short piece on the upcoming sequelette to 'Love, Actually' which is in the works for this years Comic Relief. That in itself is fine, its one of my favourite films, but I could have done without the accompanying photo of Thomas Brodie Sangster. My general feelings about Mr T B S were nicely encapsulated back in early 2015, here , and my opinion hasn't changed, although he has, to the extent that in the photograph he had one of those straggly and unconvincing moustaches that appear on 17 year olds when they first try to grow facial hait before becoming convinced that it's bad idea and shaving it all off, to the huge relief of their Mums.
 
It was not a Good Look.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm a Bloke, so don't understand these things, but shouldn't Eyebrows and Eyelashes match the hair colour?

    ReplyDelete