Monday 19 December 2016

#asifIdidn'thaveenoughtodo....


Following a 'fizzy drink related incident', which was nothing to do with me, I have found myself having to take the covers off our sofas and wash them.

In a way this was a Good Thing as they have never been taken off and washed before so they probably due for it,  although they have been shampooed in situ a few times. That's unavoidable if you have cats that shed hair, or bring you presents, or eat unsuitable things and suffer the consequences. So just if you have cats then really.

I didn't know whether it would work. I thought they might shrink or the dye might leak out and  had visions of having to go into our local furniture store and say 'Billy, we need two new two seater sofas and they have to be dark red and we have to have them for Christmas' and him saying 'Sorry it can't  be done'. Which, let's face it, at this time of year would have been a perfectly reasonable response, even though I can't honestly say I would have been quite that philosophical had it come to it.
 
But there you go. It did work. The covers for the seats are now all done and back on the sofas and even as I type the ones from the back cushions are tumbling in the dryer. They've come up really nicely and, apart from the fact that my nails are ruined, ruined I tell you!!, from taking the seat covers off and more pertinently trying to get them back on, I'm really quite pleased that I did it.
 
But I'd rather have done it in June when I wasn't still running round like a blue tipped fly trying to organise Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Sod's law!! I'm glad they washed OK, and didn't shrink/ fade/disintegrate. I've had all three happen to me over the years 😉😉 xx

    ReplyDelete