Wednesday 28 December 2016

And now they can be shown ....

Yes, it's the Christmas socks. The plan was to make a pair each for grown up family.

Son no 1 got these.

 
That's West Yorkshire Spinners sock wool in Bullfinch
 
these were for the daughter in law

 
Araucania Ranco.
 
These were for Son no 2

 
and I forget what the wool for those was
 
the next pair were meant for the OH, and he loved them ....

 
sadly they did not fit so they are being modelled below by Son No 2 who they did fit and who therefore ended up with two new pairs of knitted socks.  

 
I will make another pair for the OH in a much bigger size, but as I bought the wool in the Yarn Cake in Glasgow and it certainly isn't anything you can get here (Drops Karisma) it won't be any time soon. But hopefully before next Christmas.
 
Having checked back it seems it's quite a while since I actually put up any knitting pictures so lets get up to date
 


Socks for me from the Fairytale Sock Club from the Knitting Goddess 2014. These ones all used two colours of yarn. I like these.

 
Found something to do with the leftovers from that pair of green socks I did way back in the year ...

 
I don't  like boucle wool. I can never think of anything to do with it.  Which is why I've ben a bit stumped about how to use up the boucle skeins I bought back in Canada a while since. I made this scarf with one of the skeins. It's very long and for obvious reasons I call it the Bagpuss scarf.

 
Another 2014 sock club instalment gets knitted up -  yay!!

 
A quick and very basic scarf to use up a skein of Knitting Goddess yarn in the colour 'Octarine'. Have to say I've never thought Octarine had anything to do with blue or purple, but whatever! It was pretty and I  knitted it up.

 
I bought some Schoppelwolle when I visited the Yarn Cake with my sister and used some of it to make these fingerless mitts. They didn't make much of a dent in the ball sadly, but they're lovely to wear and I'm quite proud of them because I took a basic pattern and modified it quite a lot to make them what they are. I wear them a lot!
 
I have been keeping track of my yarn use this year because the idea was that I wanted to use up lots of my stash. The good news is that I did use up 25 skeins of yarn this year. The bad news is that, as I also bought some yarn, the overall stash size didn't come down by much.
 
For 2017 the goal is to knit up some of the kits I have lying about, either never started or part finished, and also to finish some of the half done projects that I also have quite a few of. Since most of these things are large or fiddly or both, I'm not expecting to get them done at, say, the rate of one a month. But I'd like to think that by this time next year half a dozen of them might have been transferred from the part done to the completely finished list.
 
I'll keep you posted!
 

1 comment: