Thursday 2 April 2015

Yikes!

You may have  scoffed when I mentioned re-writing my conference abstract yesterday but I did it. In fact I worked on two. The second idea was, I thought, much more interesting, but I was never going to be able to shoehorn the argument into the 200 words which was all I had for the abstract, so in the end I gave up and sent off the other one to my supervisor.

Who astonished me by a) replying within the hour and b) telling me it was excellent. By that time I had decided myself that it was dull, but who am I to argue with an expert? He did suggest one minor phrase change, with which I am in total agreement, but then it can be submitted.
 
Of course if it's accepted, and I won't know until the end of May, I will then have to write the paper! But I'm not going to worry about that just now. It just feels good to be able to tick 'do the abstract' off my Things to Do list.

1 comment: