Saturday 4 January 2014

Thwarted!

So we got Son No 2 back to his flat yesterday, then set out on the further 60mile round trip to IKEA to buy bookcases (and also to scout out some bedroom furniture for us while we were there, an aspect of the cunning plan into which the OH hadn't been previously admitted).
 
We found the bookcases, located some extra shelves for them, made careful notes of their product numbers and location in the pick up warehouse. We looked at bedroom furniture and OH noted that the particular style that I liked tended to be flimsier and less well made than other styles. It was true. I was put out.
 
We wandered off to the warehouse area, on my part a sadder but wiser future purchaser of bedroom furniture and found where the bookcase packs were. OH took one look and said 'They'll never fit in the car'. I looked myself and was forced to concur. 60 miles, over an hour in the store and all we came away with was a jar of lingonberry jam as a thank you for the friend feeding the cats.
 
All is not lost because we can buy them on-line and a local carrier will pick them up and deliver them to us - for a not inconsiderable fee, which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Sigh!
 
On the up-side I have just written my 'to-do' list for tomorrow, and I don't see that I would have found the time to fill the shelves anyway; or at least I would have done, but only at the expense of something else, possibly more urgent. So I won't repine too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment