Friday 24 January 2014

Going Away Again

So, assuming that the wind drops as forecast, the ferries will run tomorrow and we'll be trekking south once more. I'm usually pleased to get off island, although to be fair we don't usually volunteer to leave in January or February, but the trip currently in prospect doesn't really fill me with joy.
 
We're off at the crack of dawn, and back late Wednesday and most of the time in between will be spent driving relatively long distances every day. Our ultimate destination is Sheffield, where we'll be doing some sick visiting. We're then coming back via Glasgow, where I have a meeting with my supervisor followed by a talk at Scottish Opera about  progress on their Theatre Royal Upgrade. And we'll see both boys while we're away which is good.
 
Additionally while we're gone the joiner is coming back to pull our bedroom to bits and then, I hope, put it back together much more nicely. That's the theory and it's A Good Thing that he can do it while we're away. But I could have done without spending most of the last two days emptying it and looking for places to put all the stuff that came out of it. And I just know it's going to take four times as long as I think to get it decorated, re-carpeted and the new furniture to be chosen and bought. It will be the story of the bathroom all over again.
 
But, says my optimistic self, It Will All Be Worth It In The End. Just gotta keep believin'.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment