Friday 26 April 2013

Bang, bang!

So, the day got off to an explosive start. OH got up, switched on his computer and there was a flash, a puff of smoke, and a bang. He reported this to me and then went to have a shower. As though it was normal for one of the most expensive pieces of equipment in the house to begin the day by exploding.

He's now had a closer look, and it appears the power supply in the machine has died, so let's hope that a) we can find a new one in town this morning without too much trouble and b) the power cut out before affecting any of the data on the computer.

He hastened to assure me that he would still be able to deal with the new membership packs for the O. A. S. (Orkney Archaeology Society) as those details are backed up on the OAS laptop. And do you know I murmured something about that being a good thing, while screaming inside that I couldn't really care less about the OAS membership, I was more concerned that the information he needs to earn us a living hadn't gone up in smoke alongside the power supply. I get seriously worried sometimes about that man's priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment