Tuesday 24 November 2020

More Fun to Watch than Experience

We went into town earlier this afternoon and I fell out of the car in the library car park. 

I'd left my handbag in there because I was only going to drop a couple of books off on the returns table, and I tripped over the straps as I got out and ended up on the ground. 

It felt like it happened in slow motion and according to the OH it looked that way too. On the bright side I had decided against changing into clean trousers this morning, putting that off until tomorrow. It would have been 10x as annoying had I got clean trousers dirty and soggy. On the not quite so bright side it's a lot further to fall from the Range Rover than it would have been from our previous car, the Citroen. 

I wasn't particularly hurt, although the ground was wet and cold and hard and I expect I have a few bruises forming. I'm still glad we went to town though as we were delivering the info to the accountant for the tax return and it's always good to get that off our hands. Every year we say we'll sort it out earlier and every year we fail miserably to do so. Given that our tax affairs are not particularly complicated and that I used to earn my living looking after other people's it amazes me that it it seems like such an awful chore, because nowadays it really doesn't take long. 

Anyway it's a weight off my mind to have delivered the paperwork and I'm going to settle down now in front of the fire with some knitting. Tomorrow is parcelling stuff up for Canada day, and then putting on a face that will not say 'How much did you say that would cost to send' when I get to the Post Office. Ah, the joys of having children who live abroad! 

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Hope the bruises aren’t too nasty....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advantage of mask wearing is that the 'how much' face can be at least partially obscured. I love this feature - despite hating masks - but am still working on stopping my eyes and especially eyebrows betraying my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete