Wednesday 25 November 2020

Charitable Endeavours

Someone in one of my Ravelry groups had a shout out a wee while ago for knitted things which the Crisis group in Edinburgh could include in their packages for the temporarily housed homeless at Christmas (temporary housing courtesy of the pandemic of course). I sent off some hats that I'd done for the Seafarer's Society since, also due to the pandemic, there had been no  seafarers calling in Orkney  in need of hats since March, and also a pair of socks that were lying about because I hadn't liked them when they were done (or indeed liked the wool which I had bought from someone else on the strength of a photograph where it turned out the colour reproduction had not been good) 

And over the last couple of weeks I've been kitting more socks for them, using up stash sock wool. I'd hoped to do four pairs but I don't have time; however  I finished the third pair today. Voila!





A friend is coming round for coffee on Friday (much rejoicing over that too!) and bringing more hats and they will go off at the weekend. And I will probably produce a few more pairs over the next few months ready for next Christmas. Because even if the pandemic is behind us there will still be homeless people who need care and attention and warm feet, and I suspect Crisis will still be there doing their best to fulfil the need. 

1 comment: