Friday 8 November 2019

Felt (3)

Just finishing off the felt posts; this was what the felt that I made was for.


little felt houses.

A friend of ours is doing an Art Ph D and the felt houses are prototypes for an installation she is planning as part of it. Her work is about the Cillini; Irish burial grounds  for unbaptised and still born children. There's a link to her work on this project  here

Glimpses to be had in the photo of the now not-so-new craft room which of course I had intended to do a full blog post on earlier ithe year. As a record of what I do with myself, i.e. a diary with pictures, which is what it was originally intended to be, this blog falls very short at times. 

I'm off south again tomorrow. The OH and I are going to see Tosca in Inverness and he's coming back on Sunday and I'm carrying on south to Glasgow where I'm staying for 6 days and catching up with friends and doing the sort of things  you can do in a Big City that you can't do here. 

I'm a bit worried about the Tosca to be honest. We've seen Scottish Opera stuff in Inverness twice before, the gloomy dated Carmen, and the Onegin-with-a-gimmick (the horse). Still, let's hope it's a case of third time lucky. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow. The sheer misery that religion can inflict upon innocent people never fails to amaze me. I knew nothing about the Cillini.

    Hope Tosca is good 🤞

    ReplyDelete