Friday 15 December 2017

Glasgow - The Other Bits

Well as it happens there weren't many other bits, apart for the Scottish Opera stuff.

Managed to go with Son No 2 to meet BH, the one time Scottish Opera Costume Trainee who we met about this time last year. Her time with SO having come to an end she managed to get a job with Scottish Ballet and is looking forward to touring with them to South Korea and China next year. Meanwhile she just managed to squeeze in a quick drink with us literally before catching the train to Edinburgh where SB are doing Nutcracker for three weeks. She was loving her new job which was good to hear. 

Should have been meeting up with my Ravelry friend A at The Yarn Cake on Tuesday but she cancelled on me because she wasn't well. This turned out to be a lucky thing because I wasn't feeling too clever myself by Tuesday and by Wednesday I was totally knocked out by some horrid bug. This meant cancelling a meeting with two friends in Stirling, which, given the weather, again wasn't a wholly bad thing, but disappointing. 

The OH,having finished all his admin stuff early actually came back a day earlier than planned, but being ill I have no idea of what he did with the extra day. I know we did the Emerging Artist thing on Friday, and also squeezed in a trip to Pandora and John Lewis as well. Saturday was earmarked for IKEA , M&S and Hotel Chocolat, but IKEA sadly fell by the wayside. We were in M & S mainly to refresh parts of Son No 2's wardrobe which had passed under the bleary eye of his sick mother and been found wanting in several departments earlier in the week, but I also binge bought some stuff for myself which is a habit when I go south. Having commented in a less than positive fashion about the number of black t-shirts owned by son no 2 , I perhaps shouldn't have bought five things which were all either black, white or a mixture of the two. What can I say, I was shopping for basics! 

And for anyone who might be wondering - this is how the bunting is coming along ...


although I am a bit further along than that might suggest as I have started knitting them into the tie. And yes, that  would be the tie the instructions for which begin Cast on 521 stitches!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you’re feeling better now - there’s a really nasty one going around!

    ReplyDelete