Thursday 12 June 2014

With Apologies to Terry Pratchett - I Aten't Dead

Poor little bloglet - it's been sadly neglected of late. The OH appears to think that loyal readers will assume from my silence that he has done me in, and that it therefore behoves* me to update it and let them know that I am still in the Land of the Living.
 
Which I am happy to do. We're sort of suffering from the old blog dichotomy of 'really busy - no time to blog' although not its corollary 'time to blog, nothing to say' because I can always find something to say even if it's just a rant about the dearth of good television, or how authors, once they hook you into a series with a good book then give up on quality control, or how it is that measuring things is so fraught with difficulty.
 
But my silence has really been down mainly to  being very busy with a lot of not very inspiring, but quite draining things, as well as going away for a few days to Bandit Country, so not really feeling up to writing on the blog when the alternative is playing five levels of Farm Frenzy 4 which takes little or no thought. Please don't tell me I am addicted. I probably know.  
 
* The Lerts^ among you might well realise that the mere fact I am using  word like 'behove'  points to an overdose of poetic/historic reading that is proving difficult to slough off.
 
^ Yes you do know what Lerts are. As in  'Be A Lert. Your country needs Lerts'
 
Anyway, stand by for an overdose of 'catch up'.

No comments:

Post a Comment