Thursday 19 June 2014

In Which We Make Progress

So despite my worries the carpet fitters actually came and they laid the carpet and since then the OH has been doing his best to put together the new furniture. Since he is very busy with Real Work (i.e. the stuff that brings in the money so that we can go to IKEA and buy stuff) he has not get very far but I can't grumble since work must come first. Of the five pieces of furniture waiting for assembly in there, two have now been done and he's about to tackle the third. I am practicing patience.
 
Someone who doesn't really know him did suggest that the work would go quicker if I turned the 'he' into 'we', which led me to a mad cackle.
 
See, as far as the OH is concerned I cannot do anything that is machine or handyman related properly. Not painting, not loading a dishwasher, not hitting nails with hammers. The only things I can use properly it would seem are the smoothie maker, the iron and the washing machine (and he has his doubts about the washing machine..) So no, there is no we when it comes to self assembly furniture.
 
I know I am not alone with the dishwasher issue because several of my friends report a similar thing, and years ago, when my sister lived in America and I used to go and visit her, her husband had a habit of coming in from work and almost immediately rearranging everything she had put into the dishwasher throughout the day. For all I know, even though they are now back in the UK, he still does this.
 
I do have other more significant memories of my trips to see her in the Land of the Free. But that one does stick. As presumably does food to plates, if you don't load your dishwasher the Male Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment