Monday 9 December 2013

Silence Fell. But honest - it wasn't my fault.

The batteries in my camera recently gave out - after having been in there for what seemed like only five minutes - and in the time between my discovery of that and having an opportunity to buy more we were quite busy. I had perforce to ask the OH to take photos for me to put up on the blog and thus far he has failed to upload them to my laptop from his phone. So I will leave a brief description of our recent highlife until he has done so. It will mean more with pics.
 
One prospective trip out had to be cancelled last week due to the weather. A friend and I had tickets for the livecast of the ROH ballet The Nutcracker last Thursday evening but we decided at the last minute not to risk going. The seas were very high and the barriers officially only 'passable with care'. This is the last step before they are closed and as we would have been coming home at high tide in the black dark we reluctantly decided it wasn't worth risking.
 
In other news I have already had my pre-Christmas meltdown, but I am leaving open an option on fitting in another before the 24th of the month. The fact that we have workmen in starting the bathroom refurbishment is probably contributing quite a lot to the stress levels - and they've only been here 50  minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment