Wednesday 13 November 2013

What I Finished in October

Well there was more than in September, although as we all know that's not saying much

 
Wristwarmers (knitted from a front of magazine kit and sent off to my friend for her asylum seekers party.




 
small blankets and tiny hats and bootees, sent to SANDS via Bonnie Babies for their Memory Boxes



 
Burial Gowns for premature babies
 
 
scarf for the Asylum Seekers Party

 
a scarf/shawl type thing for me knitted in Wollmeise. For those in the loop Strickmich's Trillian. People rave about this and the colours are wonderful, but it feels a bit like knitting with string.
 
 
Bright socks for the OH. This was Danish wool bought at Yarndale. It was sold as sock wool and certainly knitted to the correct tension etc but it feels too soft to me to make particularly hard wearing socks. On the upside there's enough left of the ball to make a third sock  so if one goes spectacularly through there'll still be a pair. When I get round to knitting the spare that is!
 
Only my disinclination for sewing up means that there is not also a grandson's Christmas cardigan to display this month too!

No comments:

Post a Comment