Sunday 6 August 2023

Happy Birthday to Me

 


It was Friday, not today.  There was no home made cake from the OH this year, not sure how that didn't happen, as he usually does do me one, but we treated ourselves to some mango and passionfruit fondant fancies from Betty's. And given their price structure 'treated' is right. On the upside, given the vagaries of the post just now and their anticipated delivery date as per their e-mail, they did in fact defy all expectation and arrive on the day itself. 

I wasn't really in a birthday mood to be honest. Most years I can just enjoy the day and all that comes with it and not get depressed about my advancing age but, paraphrasing Film-Aragorn as we so often do,  This Year was not one of Those Years. 

I did get lots of lovely cards and some lovely presents and lots of Happy Birthday messages on Facebook, which I did appreciate very much, but somehow it was all a bit flat. 

Happy to report that I seem to be cheering up a bit now. 

1 comment: