Monday 23 November 2015

Sopot


Did I say that the conference actually took place in a small seaside town called Sopot, rather than in Gdansk itself? Courtesy of the lack of fights at sensible times back to the UK on Sundays from Gdansk airport, a friend and I had decided to stay on after the conference finished on Saturday night and the idea was that we would take the train into Gdansk and have  a look around. However when the day came we were both far too tired to contemplate it, so we contented ourselves with a gentle walk around Sopt, taking in the beach, the pier, and some bits of the town we hadn't had time to see previously.

Under her influence I may have overdone the photos of architectural detailing and I won't upload them all here. But her are some pictures that will give you a visual taste of the place.


I could label them all...

 
but you know they're all a bit self evident...
 
 
and you really don't need me to write out...
 
 
 
The Grand Hotel, the beach and pier,
 
 
 
a church, a garden and balconies, now do you?
 
 
And because I see I haven't posted any before here are a couple to prove that we were
there to work.



I have a funny story about the big man in the middle of the bottom picture which I will save for another day!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love that little garden. Looking forward to the story!

    ReplyDelete