Monday 8 December 2014

Project 60: Number Three.

Baking Muffins.

It's a sad fact that a lot of the things I've thought about doing for Project 60 are food related. Especially since as I've said previously I am not a foodie in any shape or form. Mind you at least these food related things are  relatively cheap and easily achievable. A lot of the other things I've thought of doing involve travel and lots of expense. And some of the others require preparation,  of the losing some weight first variety. Hence Number 3, like numbers 1 and 2 is all to do with food.
 
I'd never made muffins. I quite like muffins. Ergo I made some.
 
There are photos. (I did the muffins ages ago, but I've only just uploaded the photos onto the laptop, hence the delay).
 
 
 
Half were chocolate chip, on the left, obviously, and the other half were lemon curd. Those whose memories stretch back a while will remember that making lemon curd was the second new thing I did. I bought a little gadget in a shop designed to take cores out of cup cakes and muffins, and although it didn't work brilliantly, it worked well enough to allow me to pop some lemon curd in the middle of the muffin and then pop a top back on.
 
Close ups
 



they were delicious and I can quite see making muffins becoming a bit of a fixture. I did some lemon and blueberry ones only this morning and popped a little muffin recipe book onto my Amazon wish list so that I can ring the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment