Wednesday 9 July 2014

Oh Yes - The Bedroom.



Done and done and almost done. The keen eyed amongst you will realise that there is nothing at the window for which there are several good reasons. (or possibly is, grammar being a slippery thing)
 
But they are
 
1 - we bought a black out blind. OH had measured the window. Sadly he had measured the window incorrectly and the blind was too narrow. Happily, in  a way, it is not too narrow for the window in the hall, which it will fit perfectly, but there again I didn't want or need a black out blind for the hall. Just the bedroom.

2 - we bought some curtains. We both like them a lot. Sadly only one of us (the OH) is 100% convinced they will 'go', and even if they do I am going to have to call on someone to help me with a big pair of scissors and a tape measure so that they can be taken up. I don't know how tall windows are generally in Sweden*, because obvs, the curtains, like most of the room's contents came from IKEA but I do know that all IKEA's curtains come in a standard 300 cm length. Which is ridiculous. Our ceiling isn't 300 cms from the floor, let alone the top of the window.
 
3 - even if we were both convinced of the rightness of the curtains and I had altered them to the correct length they still couldn't go up because the curtain rail isn't up.  As it happens the curtain rail is one of the few things in the room which doesn't come from IKEA it being of a much more ancient vintage.

Never mind. We are 95% of the way there. On our recent trip to the Central Belt we bought another blackout blind, this time the correct size, and come the weekend it will get fitted, the curtain rail will go up and when my friend M comes back from wherever it is she is at present then I will have her round for a cup of coffee and we will get to work with a tape measure and the scissors. Happy days.
 
* actually I should know this really. It is not as though I am not a big fan of Wallander, not to mention the fact that we have been to Sweden several times. In neither circumstance however have I spent much time contemplating comparative window sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment