Thursday 6 February 2014

Pictures! Knitting! Pictures of Knitting!

It's been a while since I did a knitting round up, partly because a lot of knitting toward  the end of last year was destined to be presents, so I couldn't post it up. And then of course you sort of lose the impulse. But spurred on by finishing and photographing a pair of socks today and then getting round to uploading lots of knitting pictures to the computer here I am and here is the latest knitting.

 
 
 
 
Back and front of the grandson's Christmas cardigan - taken on different cameras, hence the difference in colour between the two.
 
 
 
Socks for Christmas for my friend R 
 



These fingerless mittens were also for my friend R; she works at the local Foodbank and thought it might get cold in there - she was right!

 
I bought some sock wool from someone on Ravelry at a very reasonable price, although I thought it was going to be terracotta and denim rather than pink and turquois-y. However they still look very nice and I dashed them off quite quickly on a couple of rainy days in December. It was interesting to see how quickly I can  churn out a pair of basic socks.

 
I got this yarn in a swap and was going to use it to make a felt bag as there was a pattern included to do just that; however on further examination it turned out that to do that  I needed twice as much yarn as I had, and I couldn't get any more here. So I made another broken rib scarf and it's my first contribution to the 2014 Asylum Seekers party. (Thinks, must get it in the post.....)

 
More socks, this time part of my daughter-in-laws Christmas present. I wish I could get hold of some more of this wool as it is a beautiful mixture of soft purples and greys, the picture really doesn't do it justice,  and I fell in love with it as I knitted it up. Sadly it was a limited edition and it hasn't proved possible to get my hands on any more.

 
And here are the ones I finished today. This was the January yarn and pattern from the Knitting Goddess Once Upon a Time 2014 Sock Club. As I loved both pattern and yarn I think it was lovely of me to make these  for the OH. He was very pleased with them and to be fair I can't make a dozen pairs this year all for me. Actually I probably could. But I won't.
 
There are one or two other bits and pieces, but this is probably enough for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment